Sunday, 31 July 2011

Grand times!!!

So yesterday we went to a very beautiful but rocky place called Sedona... A small place in the desert surrounded my miles and miles of red rock. We decided to go on a pink jeep tour, where the driver takes you off roaring and shows you some caves from native American times with different pictures painted on the rocks. It was really fascinating but being a bugaphobic I was more conscious of the fact he said 20 different types of pythons lived there and bears hah.... The trip was really fun though and we were put with a old couple, who were cute but extremely annoying asking thousands of questions and the woman stood on me and hit me with her stupid walking stick like ten times, which pissed me off lol....

We headed back to our hotel in Sedona after this ( which surrealy was the most expensive and the worst so fa4- but hey you cannot have it all ways) we decidedmto eat out and went to the weirdest diner that was alien themed.... It creeped me out to the max and we made a swift exist after our meal.

I was so tired last night and must have gone straight to sleep before my head hit the pillow! We had anearly start for our trip to the grand canyon this morning and decided breakfast was crappy and went to a local diner called the coffee pot, which was heaving. I ordered pancakes with lemon and sugar ( obviously they don't normally have lemon and sugar on pancakes cos I got a bit of a weird look off the waitress) but it came and there were five pancakes as big as my head and about an inch thick.... Needless to say I couldn't eat them all, but I hadna good go.

I fell asleep in the 2 hour ride to the canyon this morning, through monsoon rain as well lol.... We didn't stay long- but long enough to get soaked and dry off and take pictures. It was beautiful.....

I'm currently sitting in the car for a 5 hour journey back to Phoenix to stay a night with jenni's aunty before Vegas baby wooooooo!!!!

Peace out cowboys and girls yeee haaaa xxxx

4 comments:

  1. great to hear from you sounds like a great time your having! thats old people for you very selfish.we got back home at about 3.40 this morning and went straight to bed. we had a panick when the taxi driver in cyprus was half an hour late he said because of an accident. we ran through the air port and checkd in ok.on our arrival at newcastle i wens straight to the loo after passport contrl ,when i came out peter had all 3 cases we were first out so there was an upside to being late at the airport.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeehhh Danielle, this sounds such as amazing trip. You will be shattered when it is all finished, just as well you are young.

    Funnilly enough, I know a couple of 'old people' who are equally annoying - especially on a Sunday! ha ha ha..

    Aunty Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm shattered already.... I slept 4 hours in the car yesterday and I am still shattered. Glad you got back ok mam.... I have told holly to sign into her skype all Dan and I will ring you from kris tens phone at some point cos im at jenni's aunties and she doesnt have wifi.... Were chilling with her family today in queen creek in aizona and flight to Vegas at 3pm tomorrow. So excited to see Laura as well- will be so weird seeing her in Vegas hah.... Have fun with the oldies on Sunday.... Miss you all :) muchos love xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oldies eh!

    your dinners/teas are in the dog on sundays from now on.
    Have great time Danielle love gma-gdad xxxxx

    ReplyDelete